MR – Medium Rigid
MR vehicles include:
- Trucks and buses with a GVM more than eight tonnes and two axles
- Any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM.
To apply for an MR licence, you must:
- Have held a class C licence, (except a learner licence) or equivalent for one year or more. First year of green P plates is acceptable.
- Pass the MR knowledge test (Cost $44.00)
- Pass an eyesight test
- Get a Learner CBA log book and CBA guide book from your local RMS.
- Read the Guide Book thoroughly before your first training session.
- Undertake Heavy Vehicle competency based assessment
Note: Red P Plate holders are not eligible to apply for an MR Licence.
Before attending the RMS Motor Registry to undertake your Knowledge Test NGDT strongly recommends you read the handbook and practice the demo test below. Each attempt at the RMS Motor Registry will cost you $44.00. When you successfully complete your RMS Knowledge Test and Eyesight Test ask for a HVCBA (Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment) Logbook and CBA guide book. ($27 RMS Fee) and Contact Mitch at NGDT on 0419250045 to book your training and final assessment.
NGDT Training and Assessment
Contact Mitch at NGDT on 0419250045 to book your Training and final assessment.
Please have your Logbook and Driver Licence with you when you call, as there are details within the Logbook and Licence which we require when processing your booking. These details will be checked by your Assessor against the RMS database to confirm your eligibility (eyesight test recorded, correct Logbook and licence class approved) to undertake the course. NOTE this check does not allow us to see your driver history. After successfully completing the licence course you will be issued with a Certificate of Competence by your Instructor/Assessor. Take this Certificate of Competence to your local RMS Motor Registry and exchange it for your upgraded Licence. ($24 RMS fee)